Friday, December 7, 2012

12/1/12 - BOD

The first CAT 1/2 race for me just happened to be at our local stomping grounds at the bowl of death in Louisville where we have CX practice every Wednesday morning.  We took the kids over at 12 or so for the kids race and they got to ride one loop and one of the run ups on course, they loved it and asked to go again.  Riley was to top girl out there.  My race was not until 3:15, so it was nice to head home and then just ride over to to local race.  I was not expecting to be near the front at all, but my goal was to stay in the pack and not get lapped.  Well I did not achieve my goal, I just went out and got my ass handed to me for 60 minutes.  These guys were so much faster than I expected.  Danny Summerhill lapped me on his last lap, so I saw 2 to go then I was done, which was a welcome sight at that point.  The course was one of the toughest this season with 2 big run ups, and lots of climbs.  I ended up 23rd out of 30, so I did beat someone, but next weekend I think I may be racing the 35 plus open category.  It is quite another level moving up to CAT 2, but I will get there over time.  Yes I have two excuses, my front tire went flat during the race, causing a few spills, and I was coming off of a head cold, but either way it would not of made one bit of difference.  On the bright side I did take the whiskey hand up towards the last laps, which only made things hurt more, thanks Mike Hogan!





No comments:

Post a Comment