Sunday, August 25, 2013

6/29 - SonicBoom Crit

The SonicBoom crit is our home town race and I was more than proud to host this one.  I was not really set on racing at all as I had to be up super early to setup for my daughters swim meet that morning for a few hours, get he to the meet, then volunteer all day at the crit race. I raced at the end of the day.  The race was held right downtown in Louisville, while we had a large swim meet a few blocks away, a farmers market a few blocks from that, and the crit all day.  It was a great atmosphere, folks having breakfast and coffee overlooking the racers as they go by each lap, some of them wondering what bike racing was all about, but they soon found out.  The mens CAT 3 race was later in the day and I did not expect much out of myself except to support the team.  I rode with the field the whole race and tried to break away with Ryan with 4 to go.  I stayed away until the last lap, when I was caught on the slight uphill of each lap.  I gave it a valiant effort, but it was just not enough, anyway ended up 17th on the day, not too bad considering the long day.  Travis had a great race here as well, I was very proud of him on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment