Thursday, November 8, 2012

11/3 - Schoolyard Cross

After a few setbacks in the last cross races I was finally ready for a good race.  School yard cross was in Brighton CO about 1/2 hr away.  I got there in time to get in 2 good warm up laps and dropped my wheels at the pits.  On the way to the start I rode through a rough field and picked up 3 goat heads in my tires.  I did not know this until we started, I started first row but quickly discovered my rear tire was flat and fell back.  The pit was only 1/2 mile or so from the start so I just rode the flat there.  Switching out the wheel only took about 1 minute, along with riding slow on the flat it left me 2-3 minutes or so behind the group.  I ended up chasing the whole race just like last week after the crash.  Manged to get back to 18th place overall but I think there were only 25 or so racing.  The rear tire on my pit wheels sucked as well, it was washing out on may turns, I will have to make that one into a training tire for sure.  One thing I did like was the course, it was so much better than last years with a few steep climbs, a flyover, and a fast surface.  Too bad I choose to ride through the field of goat heads, arriving home there was one in the front tire which I rode the whole race and 2 in the rear which flatted it right at the start.  Oh well its CX racing, there is always next weekend.  Craig ended up 3rd this race though great job, only beat by some speedy juniors.

No comments:

Post a Comment