Saturday, October 25, 2014

7/19 – Xterra Beaver Creek – US Championship


Beaver Creek has been hosting the national championship race for the last 4 years, this was the biggest Xterra of the 4 I am doing this season with many of the fast Xterra pros.  The whole family decided to come up for this one.  We camped the night before overlooking Beaver Creek, from the north west.  Race start was late and included a trip to the T2 area to drop shoes, as T1 was by the lake.  There was more guys at this race than I had anticipated, should be a fun race.  The swim went well I came out of the water first, with two others right behind.  As we headed up the first 5 miles and 2k’ of climbing, I lost the lead quick to some fast bikers.  Loosing even more time on the descents.  Once into the run I even had a few females in front of me.  The run was of course up the mt which made things rather difficult.  It was a tough course, but with beautiful views and trails.  At the end of the day I fell back all the way to 14th in the pro field, but had fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment