Saturday, October 25, 2014

7/25 – Xterra Aspen


What a course!  Technical, flyover, dirtbike track, wood features all over.  I drove to Aspen the day prior and rode the course in the late afternoon it was awesome, very very technical.  There were a few races who were talking about pulling out due to the course.  It was on private property just outside Aspen, a very nice ski lake that you could be a member of, dirtbike course, and tons of biking trails.  The Xterra course when through all of this, including running up the hills on the dirtbike course.  I camped the night under the peak of Mt Sopris, it was cool but beautiful.  I woke early and got things setup at the race.  This race was going to be super fun, the swim I was out of the water first, and only a few folks passed me on the bike.  The 6 mile bike loop too about 40 mintes, we went through twice, there were a few minor crashes but in general went well.  The run no one passed me and it was just as technical through the woods and over the dirtbike track.  I ended the day in 4th, I will be back at this race next year for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment