Monday, October 29, 2012

10/14 - USGP

The USGP is the biggest cyclocross event in CO each year bringing out the best US riders in the sport.  I knew the Cat 3 race was going to be fast considering we were combined with the cat 2 field as well, a tough course, and a large group to start.  This was a two day event but on sat. I have a kids swim meet to attend, but I did make it over to watch the pro race.  It was great to see these guys race and clear some of the barriers riding.  Walter made the trip up with me Sunday to the race, warmed up a little bit and made it to the start.  We were both towards the very end of the 70 plus group.  The start was good with no crashes, but the entire first 2 laps was just trying to get around guys.  The last few laps I did not have more then one guy pass me and I continued to make my way up.  I did not feel all that good in this race, but managed to finish in 25th place.  Craig was yelling at me at the end and I was passed in the last 200 meters by a very young kid, Craig finished right behind me.  Walter finished a few more back, overall a great venue, weather, and race.

No comments:

Post a Comment