Monday, October 1, 2012

9/30 - Adrenalin CX

After a flat tire the day prior taking me out of the Saturday race I was ready for Sunday.  The race was in Highlands Ranch about an hour away, it was a good course with 4 sets of barriers, one up hill, and 2 sets that were easy enough to hop, a little sand, gravel, and lots of bumps.  I am trying to find the right air pressure again this year, last weekend I ran 40 psi and crashed a lot, sat I tried 32 and flatted, today was about 37.  There were about 25 in the CAT3 field, I started 2nd row and took it easy at the start.  I passed people for the first 2 laps without any major issues and took the lead at the end of the 2nd lap.  All I had to do was not crash and keep pulling away.  One trip up over the uphill barrier hitting my elbow on something, it was a little bloody by the end. I felt good the whole race, though I did get passed by one single speed who started 2 minutes back.  I hit the rear rim a few times on the sand pit, but never flatted.  There were a few guys right behind to keep me honest, but I managed to take the win by 7 seconds in the end.  My first CAT 3 win. Walter Zitz from Sonic Boom took 2nd in the 4s as well, it was a good day for the team.



No comments:

Post a Comment