Tuesday, June 4, 2013

4/20/2013 - Weld Co RR


The Weld Co road race was the first road races of the season for me this year, the course is fairly flat but has a nice dirt section thrown in each lap.  It was great to see such a huge CAT 3 field from our team representing at this race.  We were confident we could put together a break at this race for sure.  The race started out fast from the beginning and each time we headed through the dirt section of the lap I found it hard to hold the group, I made sure to catch on and stay there though.  I think it was the fact that everyone felt like they had to put in some hard efforts on the dirt, either that or I suck in the dirt.  In the 4 lap race of 50 miles we managed a few small breaks, Andy and I had one going for a little while and Andy made a solo for a long time.  But in the end nothing was able to get away and no one else in the field really even tried, there was one crash that happened mid pack and took out Walter, he was alright though.  In the end I put in some hard efforts to keep the pace high through the last 6 km and strung out the group which I feel helped get Ryan get into 6th place.  I fell off hard at the end, but that was my role here in this race.   Overall a great road race and just need to get some organization throughout the CAT 3 squad, but this is early season and we will learn to work together.

No comments:

Post a Comment